Are you trying to get healthy? Are you a professional looking for some classes to build on your knowledge? Our friends at the Wellspring School for Healing Arts have a few classes they want you to know about.
First up is Inner Wisdom: Body-Centered Emotional Healing. Science and experience have shown that emotions affect our physical bodies. It might be the headache that springs up in response to stress or lump that arises in your throat when you’re choking back tears. In this experiential workshop, you will learn how to not only connect with where you are holding emotions in your body, but also how to listen to your body’s innate wisdom about how to permanently shift the pattern.
On Day One (open to everyone), you will:
– Discover how your body “talks” to you.
– Learn an easy tool to increase self-trust and confidence.
– Learn effective tools for shifting emotional patterns that keep you stuck.
On Day Two (open only to healthcare practitioners), you will:
– Use the tools you gain on Day One to help facilitate lasting changes for your clients.
– Deepen your awareness of your own experience of emotion in your body.
– Work at a deeper emotional and spiritual level with your clients.
Inner Wisdom: Body-Centered Emotional Healing
With: Rebecca Knighton
When: Sat & Sun 04.13.12 & 04.14.13
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Cost: Saturday only – $150, Both days – $300 (Early Bird: Register by 03.13.13 and save $25!)
Eligible for 16 CEU hours
Click here to watch a video on this workshop and click here to see a testimonial from a past class!
Next is Introduction To Wholistic Nutrition, an interactive seven-week class that will focus on helping participants gain an understanding of the importance of nutrition’s fundamental role in a person’s health and quality of life. Wholistic nutrition explores food from both a western nutrition perspective and Chinese Medicine (energetics) perspective and stresses the importance of quality, sourcing and seasonal, local eating. Handouts, snacks and samples are provided for each class. Bring your appetite and your curiosity.
– Food fads and various dietary philosophies.
– Importance of whole, local, organic and seasonal foods.
– Chinese Medicine energetic qualities of foods and how they affect the body.
– Healthy fats and healthy carbohydrates.
– And much more!
Introduction to Wholistic Nutrition
With: Rylen Feeney
When: 7 consecutive Tuesdays starting 04.09.13 and ending 05.21.13
Time: 5:30-7:30 pm
Cost: $250.00 (Early Bird: Register by 03.11.13 and save $25!)
Eligible for 14 CEU hours
So head on over to the Wellspring, located at 2440 MLK Jr. Blvd, Suite 202, or check out their website to learn more about these classes and to see what else they have to offer! And be on the lookout for PPP riders spreading the word about the Wellspring in between lunch deliveries from local restaurants like Habibi and Seres Organic Chinese!