The Green Festival Expo (in Portland Dec. 9-11 at the Oregon Convention Center) features a inspiring array of speakers, documentary film screenings, and green exhibitors. For the past 15 years, Green Festival Expo has been committed to helping Americans find solutions to help make families and communities healthier – socially, economically, and environmentally. The event is completely free with registration.
Green Festival is one of the only trade and consumer shows that is completely vegan and vegetarian offering meatless products at the food court as an opportunity to showcase how food choices can positively impact sustainability and climate change
This year Green Festival Expo will unveil a new pavilion for Sustainable Innovations, showcasing the newest products, concepts, and exhibitors of the year. For this Expo, there will be a strong focus on family activities where kids can learn about the environment and how they can do their part in stopping climate change. The Family Fun Pavilion will be run by local business Hammer and Jacks Toy Store. Yoga programming will be run by Full Lotus Yoga PDX and Carioca Bowls. For both kids and adults, there will also be offerings of organic foods, hands-on demos, educational activities and inspirational speakers at the Green Festival Pavilion and booths. On Saturday afternoon, attendees will be able to enjoy a very special performance from The School of Rock.
Some of the pioneering, inspired speakers at the Green Festival Expo will be:
- Colleen Polling, Nourishing the body, mind and soul: Vegan 101
- Barbara Troyer, Environmental, Wildlife, & Northwest Coordinator, Food for Thought (a program of Animal Place)
- John Lewis, CEO, Bad Ass Vegan
- Sahsha Campbell-Garbutt, Owner, Life and Light Wellness
- Lateefah Smith, Founder, The Veggie Connection
- Ellie Laks and Jay Weiner, Founders of The Gentle Barn
- Peter Spendelow, President Northwest VEG
- Erik Wolf, Executive Director of World Food Travel Association
- Erin Switlaski, Executive Director of Women’s Voices for the Earth
- Anthony Rossi, Vice President of Global Business Development at TerraCycle
- Eileen Durfee, Owner, Inventor of Go Healthy Next
WHERE: Oregon Convention Center – 777 Northeast Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Portland, OR 97232 – View Map